Friday, March 23, 2012

mommy blogging, take two

In pregnancy, there's a concept called nesting where expectant mothers take time to prepare for the arrival of their upcoming child. Typically, there's lots of arranging of the nursery and tenderly folding tiny clothes but as I await the arrival of kiddo number two, albeit daughter number one, my nesting has turned to a social media project. I had a blog for almost two years, which I abandoned once my husband {Adam} and I decided to try and have another baby. In a fickle attempt at a new year's resolution, I claimed to begin blogging again but every time I went to update, I found myself frustrated with the lack of a digital brand in my blog. Was I a mom blogger? And if so, did I really need to tell people what television shows I was watching in the new spring lineup?  


Alas, I decided to start from scratch, this time definitively as a mommy blogger {who also has a marriage and a career in progress}. Childless friends, I understand if you stop reading now.
And if we're not friends and the magic of search engines & social networking has lead you to this budding blog, here's a little about me and the people you'll frequently find me writing about:


This is me:



and like I mentioned, I'm 36 weeks (9 months!) pregnant with our first daughter:


Okay, so this was at 35 weeks and 2 days. Close enough. 

Adam & Reed, the loves of my life. 

Ellie, my best friend. And yes, I'm smashed in this picture. I get a pass, it was my 21st birthday. 

Right now, i work in radio {Rocky on Q107.5 & 96.1} and have an awesome internship with the I Love Memphis blog. In my wildest dreams, this blog will chronicle the journey from radio DJ & intern to the social media goddess and author I think I should be, but then I've been told I suffer from delusions of grandeur on occasion.


If not, I hope to at least be vaguely entertaining while I muse on motherhood, career aspirations and being a 23 year old housewife.  




No comments:

Post a Comment